BCC is a new cultural space composed of a range of multi-purpose facilities around the archaeological site of the Barcelona of 1700.
It is a public space which counts with 4 big rooms equipped for different uses.
- VILLARROEL Room: dedicated to permanent exhibition, where the main findings of the excavations are displayed.
- CASANOVA Room: for temporal exhibitions.
- MORAGUES Room: multi-purpose space equipped technologically for different cultural activities.
- CASTELLVÍ Room: with the bar and the bookstore.
SONO has carried out the supply, installation and programming of the audio-visual and lighting equipment of the museographical project.
The centre is fitted out with the main technological advances offered by the most modern audio-visual equipment:
- Centralized control system: this allows the switching on/off of all the audio-visual equipment, the museographical lighting and the curtains of the space. It gives also the possibility to operate individually each room and space, including the configuration of multiple working environments.
- Large format projection and video display systems: Projection screens of more than 6 meters base, various dimensions videowalls, etc.
- Multimedia guides in sync with the audio-visual equipment.
- Simultaneous translations system.
- Microphone and audio system with equipment for small concerts.
- LED Lighting: lighting of the common spaces of the centre and the site, the orientation and lighting of archaeological pieces and diverse objects, the scenographic lighting of the multi-purpose room, the service lights of the room interiors and the lighting of the bar.
Client: Barcelona City Council - BIMSA
Data: September 2013